Immediate Media Co: Senior Sub Editor, BBC Good Food, Maternity Cover London, United Kingdom
SEO Expert is needed in London, United Kingdom.
This job has been crawled from the web.
Client: Immediate Media Co
Location: London, United Kingdom
Contract: Maternity Cover
About the role
Reporting to the Group Content & Production Manager and associate Production Editors, the Senior Sub-Editor will assist in ensuring high-quality output for our portfolio of food brands, including BBC Good Food and olive. They should have a digital-first approach to editing content, with a clear understanding of house style and tone of voice and how these differ between titles, as well as applying good grammar and ensuring that copy is accurate and engaging.
The Senior Sub-Editor will be confident in signing off digital content across our flagship titles, so up-to-date knowledge of SEO and metadata requirements is essential. When required, they will have chief-subbing responsibilities for Easy Cook and/or Home Cooking Series magazines, including flatplanning, and will liaise with Production Editors, ads department and Art Directors to this end. They may also be required to assist in the final stages of sending pages to press for olive magazine.
With an ability to deliver punchy copy that is clear and concise, the Senior Sub-Editor will work across social platforms, editing short- and long-form posts, along with captions for videos.
As a Senior Sub-Editor, you will:
- Apply up-to-date knowledge of SEO and metadata requirements to edit digital content, rewriting where necessary for optimisation
- Rewrite digital standfirsts where required with SEO best practice in mind
- Check social posts and video captions and rewrite where necessary for brevity and to maximise audience engagement
- Check copy to ensure it is grammatically correct, factually correct, correctly spelled, reads well and maintains house style
- Check copy for potential legal problems and escalate concerns with the Production Editor
- Check the work of other sub-editors and make amendments using initiative and judgement
- Edit using InDesign and rewrite where necessary using initiative and judgement
- Create picture captions, heads and sells and pull-quotes as required, under supervision
- Liaise with writers, art, marketing and offers departments to ensure copy/proofs are on time and accurate
- Liaise with external contributors and in-house teams including art, marketing, offers and ad departments to ensure copy/proofs/finals are distributed on time to a high standard
- Impeccable attention to detail in spelling, grammar, and fact-checking
- Understanding of latest SEO best practice for publishing digital content
- Experience of working in an editing or production role on a reputable publication across print and digital platforms
- Experience of working with affiliate links and optimising editorial content for commerce
- Ability to work in a fast-paced publishing environment without sacrificing quality
- Experience of publishing content on social media platforms
- Good organisation and planning skills to meet deadlines
- A relaxed working environment with regular socials including a summer festival
- Immediate Community webinars, well-being initiatives and Mental Health First aiders
- 25 days holiday plus a day for your birthday. Our offices will be closed between Christmas and New Year’s which are in addition to your annual entitlement
- Tailored training and development through our Love Learning platform
- A progressive and transparent culture with clear career progression
- Flexible / hybrid working plus early finish Fridays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced Family Policies including paternity, adoption and surrogacy leave. We also provide a pregnancy loss, fertility, and carers policy
- Competitive pension plans and Life Assurance
- A newly renovated modern office with lots of collaborative spaces
No longer accepting applications
Don't miss out! Drop your email to get notified for SEO Expert roles
How It Works
Create your Profile for Free
Build your Twine portfolio to highlight your skills, and experience, while setting your desired pay rate.
Send Customized Pitches
Pitch for available jobs that match your skills, and access exclusive opportunities that are specifically tailored to your expertise.
Secure Payment Process
Clients make upfront Vault payments held by Twine, ensuring freelancer payment security, with 0% commission for freelancers.