Landing pages are a key component of any website. They can help you increase leads and conversions or provide more information about your company or services to new customers. There are different ways to build landing pages, including building one from scratch or using landing page builders.
The first option only works well if you’re a trained web developer, but even then, you might want to consider the latter option. With so many different landing page builders available, it can be difficult to decide which is the best one for you.
In this article, we’ll compare some of the most popular landing page builders and help you decide which one is the best fit for your needs in 2022.
What is a landing page builder, and why do you need one?
Landing page builders are tools that allow you to create, customize and publish landing pages without the need for coding knowledge or experience. They also allow you to track your landing page’s performance and optimize it for conversions.
In fact, some of the best landing page builders even allow you to A/B test two different versions of the same landing page so you can see what works better with your target audience.
There are many benefits of using a landing page builder over coding one from scratch. They’re generally much easier and faster to use, and they often come with built-in templates and designs that you can customize to match your brand.
Why not build a landing page from scratch?
A professional web developer can surely build you a custom website with this functionality, but, having a tasteful and beautifully designed template that includes all the functionality built-in, saves a ton of work. It can also help the developer focus on the more important parts of the job: creating a website that converts.
Landing pages are essential for any website because they’re designed to drive a specific action from the user. This could be signing up for a newsletter, downloading a white paper, or making a purchase.
When a client asks a web developer to build them a landing page, they usually have a specific goal in mind for that particular landing page.
For example, an eCommerce website might want a landing page to drive sales of a new product, while a B2B company may be more interested in generating leads for their sales team.
Either way, the main goal of a landing page is to get the user to take action, and a good landing page builder will make it easy for you or your developer to create pages optimized for that particular action.
Why not just use a website builder?
Website builders such as WordPress or Wix are great for creating general websites, but they’re not designed for creating landing pages. Sure, you could use them to create a landing page, but it would likely be less effective than one specifically designed for that purpose.
Website builders are also much easier and faster to use than coding from scratch, and they also offer many templates to help you get your design down faster. However, they don’t offer the same level of customization or features as a landing page builder.
In general, website builders are better suited for creating entire websites, while landing page builders are designed specifically for building pages that convert.
Now that you know why you need a good landing page builder, let’s look at what you need to consider when choosing the best one.
Features to look for in a good landing page builder
A good landing page builder should allow you to create pages quickly and easily without the need for coding knowledge or experience.
It should also give you the flexibility to customize your pages to match your brand, and it should come with a wide range of integrations so you can easily track your leads and customers.
The best landing page builders will also offer a wide range of templates to choose from, so you can find one that fits your brand or style.
These features are usually enough for the basic, non-technical user (like most business owners). However, for professional web developers, a landing page builder should also allow deep customization of the code itself to create pages that are truly unique and custom-tailored to their clients’ needs.
Some other features to look for include:
- A/B testing
- Split testing
- Lead capture forms
- Customizable templates
- Drag-and-drop editor
- SEO optimization
- Mobile responsiveness
The Top 5 Landing Page Builders in 2022
Many different landing page builders offer different features at different price points. Let’s take a look at the top 5 landing page builders of 2022:
Elementor is a popular WordPress plugin that offers a drag-and-drop editor for creating custom pages. It includes a wide range of templates and features, and it’s regularly updated with new features and integrations.
While it isn’t a dedicated landing page builder, it offers many features that the standard WP block editor does not, including the ability to hide the header and footer of a web page (which is essential in any landing page).
- It offers a drag-and-drop editor for creating custom pages.
- Includes a wide range of templates and features.
- Regularly updated with new features and integrations.
- Low price.
- Not a dedicated landing page builder.
- You can’t create truly custom pages without coding knowledge.
- Doesn’t offer nearly as many analytics and optimization tools as other options on this list.
Elementor has five different subscription plans available with pricing starting at $49/year:
- Essential ($49/year): 1 pro website with responsive design, 90 basic and pro widgets, access to 300 basic and pro templates, and 60+ pro website kits.
- Advanced ($99/year): Same as the essential but for three websites.
- Expert ($199/year): Adds 20 Expert website kits and Elementor Expert Profile for 25 pro websites.
- Studio ($499/year): Same as the previous but for 100 pro websites plus VIP customer support.
- Agency ($999/year): Same as the Studio plan but for 1,000 pro websites.
HubSpot is a popular CRM that offers a wide range of marketing, sales, and customer service features. It also includes a landing page builder with a drag-and-drop editor, a wide range of templates, and integrations with popular email marketing platforms.
Additionally, it offers a free plan for users who want to create up to 5 landing pages. One of the best things about HubSpot is its many integrations. These let this software fit in seamlessly with most tech stacks, even for enterprise clients.
For example, large B2B companies can take advantage of HubSpot’s Marketing Hub Enterprise plan, which includes a CRM-powered payment gateway that makes processing business credit card payments and other forms of payment from their corporate clients as easy as a click and a snap of the fingers.
- Free plan available with 20 landing pages.
- Wide range of features for marketing, sales, and customer service.
- You can simultaneously test up to 5 different versions of the same landing page.
- Includes a landing page builder with a drag-and-drop editor.
- Has a wide range of templates and integrations with popular email marketing platforms.
- Personalized landing page content for individual visitors.
- In-depth analytics.
- Not a standalone landing page builder. If you want to access the pro features, you’ll have to buy their Marketing Hub, which is very expensive.
- Not a dedicated landing page builder.
- Not the most user-friendly landing page builder out there.
- You can’t create truly custom pages without coding knowledge.
HubSpot offers four different options to choose from:
- Free plan: up to 20 free basic landing pages with custom forms, live chat, community support, and more.
- Marketing Hub Starter ($45/mo): Adds conversational bots and a horde of marketing solutions, including email marketing tools, list segmentation, and more.
- Marketing Hub Professional ($800/mo): All Starter features plus omnichannel engagement automation and personalization, advanced support, custom reports, and campaign conversion optimization tools.
- and… Marketing Hub Enterprise ($3,200/mo): All the Professional tools and features plus a set of tools for marketing teams and other enterprise clients.
Unbounce is a popular landing page builder that offers various features and templates. It’s a self-service, browser-based platform where marketers and web developers can create stunning landing pages, popups, and sticky bars. You can also A/B test your landing pages without any technical knowledge.
It’s an expensive option, but it offers a 14-day free trial, so you can try it out before committing to a subscription.
- PPC optimization with Dynamic Text Replacement.
- A/B testing included
- AI-powered, Smart Traffic optimization
- Wide range of features and templates
- Free trial available
- Mobile responsive landing pages
- Integrates with over 900 other apps
- Although it includes A/B testing, it is fairly limited.
- Templates are not the best, design-wise.
- It could use better customer service.
Unbounce offers five different options to choose from:
- Starter plan (Free): free for up to 5 AI text generations per day, one user profile, and 45+ templates in 30+ languages.
- Growth ($45/mo): Unlimited profiles and generations and access to the AI writer feature to craft long-form copy from scratch.
- Launch ($90/mo): Landing pages for one website with up to 20,000 visitors and 500 conversions.
- Optimize ($135/mo): Up to 5 websites, 30,000 visitors, and 1,000 conversions, plus increased conversion rate with the Smart Traffic AI tool.
- Accelerate ($225/mo): Same as Optimize but with up to 10 website domains, 50,000 visitors, and 2,500 conversions.
ClickFunnels is one of the most popular landing page builders on the market. This is due, in part, to the fact that it was founded by Russell Brunson, a digital marketing guru that focuses everything on sales funnels (you probably guessed that from the name of the company).
Both because of its high quality as a funnel-based landing page builder and the effective marketing behind the brand (which is what you would expect from Brunson), this is one of the most successful platforms in this space.
It’s a powerful tool that allows you to create beautiful landing pages, sales funnels, and membership sites. ClickFunnels comes with a drag-and-drop editor, A/B testing, popups, email integrations, and more.
The only reason it’s not #1 on this list is that it’s quite expensive and not as easy to use as other options.
- Can create sales funnels as well as landing pages
- It comes with an email autoresponder.
- Has powerful A/B testing capabilities
- Beautiful templates
- Integrates with third-party apps
- Very expensive
- No free plan or free trial is available.
- The editor can be confusing for beginners.
ClickFunnels offers only two subscription options to choose from:
- Click Funnels basic plan ($9/mo): Includes landing pages for three website domains, up to 20 funnels, up to 100 sub-pages within each funnel, and three payment gateways.
- Click Funnels Platinum ($297/mo): Includes nine websites with unlimited funnels, sub-pages and follow-up funnels, and unlimited monthly visits and contacts. It also adds nine payment gateways, three sub-users, and access to weekly hackathons and educational material.
LeadPages is one of the most versatile landing page builders that is easy to use and that offers the best bang for your buck. It’s one of the most popular landing page builders on the market, and for a good reason. It offers a wide range of standard features like an easy-to-use drag-and-drop editor, A/B testing, popups, and email integrations.
One of the main reasons LeadPages is so popular is its ease of use. The second most important reason is that it offers an unlimited number of leads and unlimited traffic, even in its Standard plan. Not only that, but LeadPages also offers free hosting and a free custom domain for your website.
No other landing page builder offers that many features at a similar price range.
- Unlimited landing pages on all plans.
- Unlimited leads and traffic on all plans.
- Plus: unlimited popups and alert bars on all plans.
- A user-friendly drag-and-drop website builder that lets you customize your website without coding skills.
- Free website hosting and one free custom domain per year.
- Only as many as three website domains are in the Pro plan.
- No email autoresponder included.
- No enterprise plan is available.
LeadPages offers two subscription options to choose from:
- Standard plan ($37/mo): Includes unlimited landing pages, popups, and alert bars for one domain with free hosting and a free custom domain. It also includes 40+ integrations with other marketing and eCommerce apps as well as SEO optimization tools.
- Pro plan ($74/mo): Similar benefits as above but for two more website domains (free custom domain is still only for one website, though). Its main perks are online sales, payment channels, and unlimited A/B split testing for your website.
The bottom line
There are many good landing page builders out there.
Some are dedicated landing page builders, while others offer the service as a part of a broader marketing bundle.
LeadPages is the best overall landing page builder in 2022, taking on other great options like ClickFunnels. LeadPages offers an easy-to-use drag-and-drop editor, A/B testing, popups, and email integrations.
In addition, LeadPages also offers free hosting and a free custom domain for your website. No other landing page builder offers that many features at a similar price range, so it’s a cost-effective way to start building your landing pages quickly.
However, it’s not an option for marketing agencies and other enterprise clients. Marketing Hub Enterprise is probably a smarter choice in those cases, especially if you take advantage of all the other tools the bundle offers.
Ready to hire? Our marketplace of over 410,000 diverse freelancers has the skills and expertise needed to skyrocket your business. From marketers to designers, copywriters to SEO experts – browse the talented bunch here!