TikTok is a social media platform that has gained popularity due to its ease of use and interactivity. Therefore, it’s not surprising many businesses are choosing to launch campaigns on this platform. A well-placed TikTok commercial can catapult your business into success…
Due to high demand, many companies are outsourcing freelancers who are talented at creating video content.
That’s where you come in! But, do you know how to create an effective TikTok commercial?
This article will help you understand what it takes to get your TikTok commercial videos picked up by the platform.
Ready? Let’s dive in.
Keep it short and sweet
You don’t want viewers clicking on your video only to find out it was too complicated for them or not relevant at all, right?
A TikTok commercial is different from other video ads because they are short-form videos. This means they run between other videos. The pressure is on here – your ad must stand out so that viewers notice it and don’t skip over it.
People are more likely to stick around if there’s something in it for them — whether that means entertainment value or an incentive like discounts or prizes.
As a small business, ensure people understand what the brand, product, or service you want to promote is all about. Otherwise, they will not be able to relate to it, and therefore they will not be able to engage with your TikTok commercial.
A compelling hook is what got you noticed in the first place.
Make sure that your hook is unique, catchy, and… funny – why not? If you’re looking to get people excited about your product, show them something different than what they’ve seen before.
Maybe a video of a celebrity endorsing the product, or a video with lots of action. You can even utilize memes or viral jokes which will help in capturing those watching the trends.
Think about what type of message would resonate with your target audience. More than anything, you need to give people a reason to keep watching. Make them feel invested in what you’re offering.
Have a clear CTA
When you’re creating a TikTok commercial, it’s important to think about what you want your audience to do.
Your CTA should clearly state what they need to do next. For example, if someone sees your ad while they’re browsing, they should be able to easily click on something like “Join our beta”, “Download our app”, or “Buy now”, etc.
You can even use emojis or GIFs in your CTA — it doesn’t matter as long as it conveys what needs to happen next. Here are some best practices for writing CTAs for a TikTok commercial:
- Make sure your CTA button stands out from your video background
- Don’t use too many colors or effects; keep it simple
- Make sure the font isn’t too small, otherwise people may miss it altogether
Remember, you’re telling someone what they should do, so keep it slick. A good CTA will move people through the sales funnel quickly and easily.
Music is a huge part of TikTok ad campaigns.
No matter what type of video you’re creating, music can help make it pop. With that said, there are some dos and don’ts to consider when you select a song for your TikTok commercial:
- DO use music that matches the tone of your video. If you’re making a humorous video, use upbeat music to match the mood. If it’s more serious and dramatic, then use softer or slower music.
- DON’T overuse background music in your ads. When used incorrectly, background music can be distracting. You can accidentally make it harder for viewers to focus on what’s happening in your video. Make sure it blends in with your theme so that people feel like they’re being transported somewhere else by listening to it.
- DO use songs that are popular on TikTok. Music on TikTok tends to go viral pretty quickly. Because of this, thousands of users want to watch ads featuring their favorite songs. Now, before you google the latest TikTok tunes, keep in mind that not all songs will fit your brand or product. Make it make sense!
- DO ensure there are no copyright claims on your video before posting it. When you’re making a video commercial, you have to ensure the music you use is royalty-free or has a license to use on TikTok. If you want to use copyrighted songs, you’ll need permission from the rights holder before uploading. Or, use royalty-free music! Save yourself unnecessary headaches…
If you’re looking for a way to make your ads more engaging and interactive, then voiceovers might be the perfect solution.
Your voiceover is the narrator of your TikTok commercials. As a recording, it should feel natural and relaxed, but also professional and confident. Think of it as you speaking to a friend.
You may want to create a voiceover script, so that you can deliver the message, in the same way, every time. This will help you stay consistent with brand messaging.
Here are some tips on how you can use voiceovers effectively in your TikTok ads:
- Use different voices for different ages and genders, so that it will appeal to each audience.
- Don’t wait too long. As the platform’s name suggests, TikToks are meant to be quick. No one wants to wait around for a long time just to hear someone speak. Try using shorter videos so that users can watch them quickly without getting bored or distracted.
- You should have a clear message in mind. For example, if you’re promoting new products, then make sure the messaging aligns with this goal. If not, then your ad may fail at achieving its purpose (i.e., increase sales, sign-ups, website traffic, etc).
You can also consider using a custom text-to-speech (TTS) voice option for creating your voiceover work. This feature is very useful, as it can be used in any kind of video you want to make.
In general, adding text to your video can help you save time but it allows you to engage with your audience. Plus, it is a cost-effective way to create custom TikTok voices – any client would be delighted by individual, personalized content.
Influencer marketing involves collaborating with those who have a large following on social media. Within a partnership, they then work to promote a product or company to their audience.
It’s important for brands to partner with the right influencers for their campaign, as it will help them will resonate with their audience. Sometimes planning a TikTok commercial will require creating a marketing strategy that involves using influencers. The preference depends on your client’s product and its target audience.
When picking influencers to potentially work with, you want someone who’s creating content that aligns with your brand. They should also be entertaining enough to capture people’s attention.
Here are some tips to help you choose the right influencer:
- Figure out which category they’re in. If they’re into food, maybe they’ll be interested in your new burger restaurant. If they’re into beauty products, maybe they’ll have an interest in your skincare line. Or maybe they sell clothes or accessories — whatever their niche may be, they must fit into yours.
- Look at their engagement. You should look at how many followers an influencer has before deciding whether they are right for your campaign. If they have fewer than 10,000 followers, they may not be able to deliver enough engagement for your brand. However, if they have over 100,000 followers, they will likely be able to generate more comments and likes from their audience.
- Find out how often they post content on TikTok. Influencers who post at least once a week are likely to provide more consistent engagement. You also want to check how often they respond to comments, as this shows that they are engaging with their audience and creating a sense of community.
- Don’t rush into working with someone just because they’re popular. Research the influencers you want to work with carefully and choose someone who shares your values and audience.
- Try to make it personal. Don’t just send a message saying “Hey, we’d love you to do this!” Be specific and give them a reason why they should consider working with you.
However, with so many influencers on TikTok, it can be difficult to find the right one. Fortunately, there are ways to speed up this process – for example, you could hire someone else to run your influencer marketing campaigns for you. That means more free time that can be devoted to your hobbies, traveling, or simply finding more freelance gigs on the side.
It can be a lot of fun to create a TikTok commercial, but the process can be daunting if you’re just getting started.
The sky’s the limit. As more time goes on, it’ll become increasingly difficult for brands to cut through the clutter. The more skills and expertise you can bring to bear, the better.
It’s a business after all—you need to find something you can do well, and then use your talent and expertise as a springboard to success. Best of luck with your future projects!
Ready to get hired? At Twine, we have dozens of top-quality jobs being posted each and every day. From design to marketing, development to copywriting – there’s a job ready for your skills. Join the marketplace of diverse creative talent here.